5D Spectrum has deployed many websites over the last year to be responsive on mobile devices such as iPhone, Android, iPad, or other tablet. Here are the highlights from 2013: daisyrock.com, shop.diannvalentine.com, kittygrass.com/shop, mediasherpa.net, and creativehandbook.com.
Why is this such a great thing? In this day and age, the majority of the population is using a mobile device to browse the Internet. People are so busy with their day-to-day lives that they don’t have time to sit down in front of a desktop computer or laptop and visit a website. They want to be able to browse the Internet when they’re waiting in line somewhere or waiting for their next appointment. YOUR customers are most likely trying to view and purchase your products from their mobile phone!
So, you don’t have a store on your website, why on earth do you need a mobile version? Let us tell you why:
- You have too much information on your website for a person to read on a small screen of a mobile device.
- You can pick and choose what to show and what to hide on a mobile device and make the chosen text larger and easier to read. Visitors are on your website because they want information. Make it easier for them! You can always have a link at the bottom of the mobile version that allows visitors to have the option to view the desktop version.
- Your menu buttons aren’t easily clickable on a mobile device.
- You have too many graphics on your website and it will take forever for a visitor to download it all on their mobile device.
- Internet speeds on mobile devices are getting faster and faster but still not fast enough for users to have the patience to let your graphic-heavy website load.
- Google may penalize your rank in the future if you aren’t mobile-friendly!
- Google is always looking for ways to make it easier for people to navigate through the Internet so if you have a website that is optimized for mobile devices, it will help your rank!
We’d love help you go mobile in 2014 – call 818-487-2504 for a quote – ask for De !