Google Analytics Health Check
Is your Google Analytics data giving you the information you need to manage your business?
Google Analytics gives you the free tools you need to analyze data for your business in one place so you can get a deeper understanding of your customers. It tracks all the inbound and outbound traffic on your website providing you with critical statistics and user behavior data. When set up properly this service can give you quick access to the information most important to your business. It also assists in identifying critical issues with your website to keep your site performing in tiptop shape.
Google Analytics integrates with Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, and Google Data Studio platforms. Together these services provide important data to help you run your business.
The first element of Google Analytics is data collection. The platform can gather a broad range of data about your site and how visitors use it. It includes, most notably:
- How many visitors your pages get.
- Where visitors come to your pages from.
- How those visitors progress through your site.
- What visitors do on your pages.
- How visitors interact with elements on your pages.
- How long visitors spend on your pages.
- At what stage of a visit users leave your site.
Data Google Analytics processes are presented to you in the form of reports. These are visual representations of the data. They are designed to make it easy to ID patterns and gain insights. Visuals are known to be more effective at conveying complex ideas. The following, for instance, is a report showing an overview of user behaviors:
Are you using these free tools provided by Google? If not, you could be missing out on the 3 main components that can improve the overall health and success of your website.
Analytics for Marketing – The insights you can gain from Analytics reports can be vital to improving your marketing.
Analytics to aid your SEO – Access to the right reports can help boost the ROI you see from your SEO efforts
Analytics to Improve Site Performance – Vital questions analytics can answers are:
- Which of my pages get the most traffic?
- Where on my site do visitors leave?
- How quickly do my site’s pages load?
- Are load times longer for visitors using mobile devices?
The answer to these questions can give you some concrete data as to how you can substantially improve your site’s performance. For example, if your blog posts get a lot of traffic, that might tell you you could drive even more traffic to your site by producing them more frequently and promoting them.
If any of this sounds confusing to you, why not let the experts at 5D help you set up this amazing suite of tools to provide mission-critical data in an easy to understand format. Once you’ve got Analytics and its features set up, you can sit back and relax. After 24 hours, the platform should have collected enough data for you to view your first reports.
Services provided to your company in 5D Spectrum’s Google Health Checklist include:
Google Services Website Integration
- Link and Verify Website on Google Search Console
- Integrate Google Analytics to your Website
- Integrate Google Tag Manager to your Website
- Integrate PageSpeed Insights to your Website
Google Tag Manager Configuration
- Configure Tags, Triggers, and Variables
- Integrate Google Analytics Tracking Script
- Integrate Facebook Tracking Pixel (if applicable)
Google Analytics Configuration
- Optimize Settings
- Create Goals
- Create Views
- All Website Data
- Master View – Target Country
- Master View – Target Location/s
- Configure Filters
- IP Filter
- Lowercase Filter
- Location Filter
- Create Dashboards
- General Dashboard
- Conversions Dashboard
- Geographic Dashboard
- SEO Dashboard
- SMM Dashboard
Google Search Console / Bing Webmasters Verification
- Verify Website in Google Search Console
- Verify Website in Bing Webmasters
Contact us today to set up your Google Health Check!