5D Spectrum Provides Event Photography for the 11th Annual She Rocks Awards
The WiMN (The Women’s International Music Network) celebrated its 11th Annual She Rocks Awards Show on April 11th at the Ranch Saloon in Anaheim during the 2023 NAMM show honoring women in the music & audio industries.
Founded in 2012 by the Women’s International Music Network, the She Rocks Awards honors trailblazing women from all areas of the industry– from educators, to label execs, manufacturers, non-profits, media, performers, engineers, and more. Past honorees include Melissa Etheridge, Gloria Gaynor, Tal Wilkenfeld, Nita Strauss, Pat Benatar, The Bangles, Suzi Quatro, The B-52s, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E., Linda Perry, Chaka Khan, Ronnie Spector, Lita Ford, Esperanza Spalding, Shirley Manson and many others. A complete list of previous honorees is here.
This year the honorees included:
- Judy Collins, an award-winning singer-songwriter esteemed for her imaginative interpretations of traditional and contemporary folk standards and her own poetically poignant original compositions,
- Elektra recording artist Noelle Scaggs, the co-front person for multi-platinum group, Fitz and the Tantrums. Noelle is currently working on her newly founded initiative, Diversify The Stage created to foster more accessible pipelines to careers in concerts, events and touring for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Female-Identifying, and Gender Nonconforming communities.
- Gretchen Menn the guitarist and a founding member of Zepparella, the acclaimed Led Zeppelin powerhouse.
- Two-time GRAMMY-nominated songwriter Shelly Peiken has been a prolific, behind-the-scenes force in the music business for more than two decades. She is best known for co-penning culturally resonant, female-empowerment anthems such as Christina Aguilera’s No. 1 hit, “What a Girl Wants,” and Meredith Brooks’ smash, “Bitch.”
- British singer-songwriter Mary Spender is a truly modern musician. With her sultry voice and distinctive fingerstyle guitar playing, she has amassed over 70 million online views and 650,000 YouTube subscribers who avidly watch her weekly videos on life as an artist in the 21st century.
- Katherine Wing: An avid drummer, touring musician, and the youngest vice president on the Roland Americas team, Katherine Wing inspires women everywhere.
- Stacey Ryan is the Chief Operating Officer of School of Rock, the most revolutionary music education program in the world. Stacey and her team are responsible for operational excellence, safety and brand compliance for the global franchise system. She leads efforts throughout 15 countries to consistently deliver outstanding technical learning and personal development of 60,000 students in a safe, inclusive, and encouraging environment.
- Photographer Lisa S. Johnson takes museum-quality shots of the greatest guitars in rock, blues, country and jazz history. Her first stunning book, 108 Rock Star Guitars garnered critical acclaim and featured photos of legendary instruments owned by the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Nancy Wilson, Bonnie Raitt, Chrissie Hynde, and many others.
- Michelle Bell is Vice President of Creative for Roc Nation. As a music publisher and A&R professional, the multi-talented Bell has signed several Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum songwriters with hit copyrights like “First Class” and “What’s Popping,” by Jack Harlow, “Iffy” by Chris Brown, “21” by H.E.R. “Swag Surf” by F.L.Y. and “Choices” by E-40.
- Helen Culleton is the COO of Audiotonix and has more than 25 years of experience in the audio industry and the force behind DiGiCo. That technology platform become the bedrock for live audio products and, 20+ years on, DiGiCo is the audio solution of choice for live events around the globe.
The show was opened with all-girl band “The Beaches” named after the neighborhood they lived in, The Beaches comprises lead vocalist/bassist Jordan Miller, guitarist Kylie Miller, keyboardist/guitarist Leandra Earl, and drummer Eliza Enman-McDaniel.
Event Photography Services
5D Spectrum photographer Mike Dee provided event photography services that included:
- Product shots for the VIP Gift Bag
- Sponsor Items
- Red Carpet
- Award Recipient Speeches
- Live Band Performances
Event Support Services
The 5D Spectrum CEO De Ivett also worked behind the scenes to help keep the show on time working with the talent and stage tech.
“As a bass player and songwriter, I love working with these talented women in the music industry. Looking forward to the next event!”De Ivett, 5D Spectrum CEO
Contact us for more information about our Event Management Services!